Pages

Friday 14 March 2014

Meet the Supreme Team - Sarah Turnbull

In this feature, we introduce you to our team members - whether it be head office personnel or our Sponsored Riders.  In this edition, we introduce to you Managing Director, Sarah Turnbull.


Name: Sarah Turnbull

Tell us what role you play in the business and the types of things you do day to day? 
I do a bit of everything – sales, operations, PR and Marketing, planning, paying bills, contracts, purchasing and even packing pallets when I'm needed!








  1. How long have you worked for Supreme Products? 
    I have been involved in the business since the start in 1993 doing shows and helping out where I could. We incorporated in 2002 and I became a Director but still worked elsewhere - in Project and Programme Management in IT. For the business I looked after things like the website and PR and Marketing as well as doing some shows over the summer months, so this was something I could do on nights and weekends. In 2009, I took the plunge and left my employment to come in to the business full time with a view to helping develop the business to the next level.

  2. Do you have a horse and if so, tell us a little about him / her? 
    No – I’ve no time at present, although at some point I would like to find a really nice Middleweight Show Hunter……!


  3. Which horse would you love to ride (any discipline, past or present)?
    Tiny Clapham’s Windjammer. I hero-worshipped that partnership when I a child!


  4. Which is your favourite restaurant or favourite meal? 
    Roast Beef and Yorkshire Puddings at my partner’s brilliant village pub… I also love Italian, Chinese and Thai food but am pretty much a ‘meat and 2 veg’ kind of woman!


  5. What’s your favourite holiday destination? 
    Sunshine, beach and anywhere I can go diving (although the water has to be warm) and completely relax.


  6. Do you follow any particular sport or sports team?
    Rugby…… I have followed England to three World Cups (including the one we won in Australia in 2003!) and am looking forward to the Rugby World Cup next year. I'm also hoping - at some point - to go on a British and Irish Lions tour as I’d really love to experience the camaraderie between the home nations taking on the Southern Hemisphere sides. I also love Eventing, Cricket, Tennis and most competitive sports. I can often be found shouting at the TV when watching sport!


  7. Favourite music / band?
    No outright favourite – pretty much anything apart from Abba, and Jamiroquai! I love the Stereophonics, Elbow, Mumford & Sons, Snow Patrol - all sorts.


  8. Favourite film?
    My favourite ‘chick flick’ is Beaches, otherwise it would probably be ‘A Time to Kill’ which is the adaptation of John Grisham’s book or the Shawshank Redemption. I also love things like Die Hard which I find very funny and anything with guns, explosions and car chases!


  9. Last Film you saw at the Cinema?
    Mandela and I watched Gravity on DVD last week.


  10. What is your favourite Supreme Product and why?
    I love High Shine Shampoo….. I use it on my own hair now and again! It leaves a great shine and I love the clean fresh smell.


  11. Tea or coffee?
    Tea, Tea and more Tea!


  12. Sweet or savoury?
    Sweet - I’m a chocoholic.


  13. Do you have pets and if so, what are they?
    2 Westies who are completely mad called Izzy and Lucy and a Sprocker (Springer / Cocker cross) called Max – and 2 hens. My lovely Labradors are no longer with us and much missed.



  14. Do you have a lucky charm and if so, what is it?
    No, I don’t really.


  15. Twitter or Facebook?
    Facebook for personal use, both for the business.


  16. 5 people for a dinner party (dead or alive) who would you invite? Nelson Mandela; Patrick Dempsey (McDreamy from Grey’s Anatomy); Brian Moore - ex England Rugby Hooker turned Referee and Commentator; Sarah Ferguson, ex Duchess of York and the Archbishop of York, Dr John Sentamu, who I think is amazing (albeit that I'm not religious in the slightest)!


  17. Book or i-Reader?
    Book – I am a prolific reader.


  18. Have you ever had a holiday disaster?
    Oh yes – my friend and I went on holiday about 4 years ago with her (then) 2 children who were both under 2. My poor Labrador had been put to sleep a few days before we left so I was absolutely devastated and I managed to lose my driving licence either at home or in transit and Kate didn’t take hers. So we had to taxi round Sardinia and had to move from our villa to a hotel, then to another hotel until we found one to settle in. It costs us a FORTUNE and was really stressful (REALLY stressful). We laugh about it now, but that’s because it’s four years on and the pain has lessened!!


  19. What would your dream car be?
    Aston Martin DB9, in black (I'd probably brand it). Saying that, I have a Nissan Navara and I absolutely love it so will always have one.


  20. Favourite tipple?
    Bacardi or Laurent Perrier Pink Champagne (although it doesn’t always agree with me)


  21. What time is your alarm clock set for?
    7.07am (Random, I know, but it gives me chance for one 9 minute snooze and still gives me time to feed the hens; walk the dogs and make my cup of tea to have in the car on the way to work, and still leave at 8 o'clock).


  22. Do you have a nickname?
    Yes, loads - 'RaRa,' 'Auntie Goatie' (long story!) and even 'Queen of the Pigeons' (even longer!) - mainly nicknames from my friends' children! 





No comments :

Post a Comment