Pages

Friday 28 February 2014

Meet the Supreme Team- Penny Hollings

In this feature, we introduce you to our team members - whether it be head office personnel or our Sponsored Riders.  In this edition, we introduce to you :  Supreme Products Sponsored -  Penny Hollings



Tell us about your team and the different roles that people play?
I oversee the yard and work with Stacey to ensure that the horses receive the best care, looking at diet, exercise and constantly monitoring them. I am in charge of schooling and teaching, formulating exercise regimes to suit each animal.

How many horses are currently on your yard (for 2014 season)?
We have Hermits China lace (NCT pony), Whittakers Prince (Large hack/PBA), Pendle Mattina (148cm sp)Ninfield fable (138cm sp/PBA) Pendle First Light (153cm SHP) plus 1 part livery, several DIY and animals who come to us for pre show prep and short term schooling

What is your earliest riding memory? 
Riding a donkey in the park in Eastbourne where my grandparents lived. I was so horse obsessed I used to sit on the back of the settee with a bridle on one end of it!

Which is your favourite horse or pony from years past?
Fair Breeze, Royal Bronze, Royal Angel ,Deaconwood Goldprint & Dutch Dame. I am extremely lucky to have had some fabulous animals to produce so my list really could go on and on. Some have been special as they were big winners and some were just lovely people.


Which horse would you love to ride (any discipline, past or present)? 
Valegro

What is the make or your horsebox and how many can you transport?
We are in between lorries at the moment but will have a 7.5 ton to take 3 as two of our clients have their own wagons so we don’t need a massive one. These days I’m strictly lo-tech....the less extras they have, the less can go wrong!

Which is your favourite restaurant or favourite meal? 
Tiggis Italian at the bottom of our road. My favourite meal would be Seafood Ravioli followed by Chocolate ice cream

What’s your favourite holiday destination?
Anywhere really hot but I do like Tenerife

What is your essential piece of kit that you cannot live without? 
My Samsung Galaxy note....when it broke I was bereft!

What is your greatest memory from competing? 
Winning the supreme championship at the BSHA Champs in 2006 on Dutch Dame, she was amazing!

How do you unwind after competition? 
Glass of wine and a chat with friends

Favourite music / band? 
Muse, Florence and the Machine, Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian plus I’m partial to a bit of dance music as my friends will testify!
What is your favourite Supreme Product and why?
Sparkle spray, you can use it anywhere!
Sweet or savoury? 
Sweet & savoury!

Do you have pets and if so, what are they? 
A 15 year old Cavalier King Charles called Libby and a 2 year old Jack Russell called Luna. We have a big fluffy cat on the yard called Sweep who we acquired from Chelsea Foster and a couple of semi feral ones too.


Do you have a lucky charm and if so, what is it? 
You make your own luck!

Twitter or Facebook? Both!

Book or i-Reader? Book, i read too fast
What would your dream car be? I love my Peugeot 207, I’m not into ostentatious cars

Do you have a nickname? Pen but my staff probably have others!!!!


Penny and Alex Hollings with Pandora at Great Yorkshire Show


No comments :

Post a Comment