Pages

Sunday 12 December 2010

Christmas Wish List - Sarah Turnbull


Name: Sarah Turnbull
Sarah and Rachel Monaghan,



Career Highpoint: I think it would have to be HOYS this year. Whilst the achievements weren’t mine, to see our sponsored team doing so well was just so brilliant. I watched Rob lift the Hunter Championship and had a good cry in the stands - I was so delighted for him after the really tough year that he, Sarah and their Team and Family have had this year and he really deserved that win. Then I had a good old tear when I watched Peter Emmerson come down the centre line in the International Arena with Keren Fuge’s Lead Rein, Charn Secret Legend, when they won Supreme Pony of the Year, with Peter grinning from ear to ear and trying to keep up!! I was just over the moon for the team!

Simon Charlesworth from the Stanley Grange Show Team won the Cuddy with Catwalk; Sarah Challinor won the M & M Championship and M & M Worker Championship with Pumphill Buckthorn and Michaela Wood won Champion Hack, riding Mrs Wood’s Royal Angel, produced by Team Hollings which was just a great HOYS for our team and I was delighted for all of them.

More special even that that was that so many people would just come and pop on to the stand at HOYS and would just tell us how they had got on during the show and came to show us rosettes – that was very special, we loved it and it definitely makes all our work worthwhile!

Best Ever Present: The best present that I have ever been bought was a Chainsaw! I love tools, jewellery, anything gadgety, Champagne, luggage or chocolatey – an eclectic mix!
I was also once bought the ‘Essential Insults and Swearing Kit’ for a Secret Santa present – I loved that as it kept me amused for days!!!


Worst ever present:  I can’t really remember anything that bad. I don’t mind what any present is, as long as there’s some thinking behind it.

What would be your perfect Christmas day:  Taking the dogs for a walk on the beach, come back to the smell of Turkey in the oven, Champagne by the fire then stuffing myself so full of food I would find it difficult to walk!!!! (Planned for 2010!) Oh, and Betty's Truffles - nom, nom, nom!!!


What’s on your wish list this year:

Realistic: Trip to New York for my Birthday in January(that's happening!!)
And in your dreams: To have all the things needed for the new brochure, new products, all the planning for 2011 done ahead of schedule! (that's not happening!!)

Who would be your ideal gift horse: I loved Manton, who was ridden by Rob Walker.



Imagine you could invite anyone, or be invited anywhere for Christmas lunch who would you include:

My gorgeous cousin, Kate, and her family
My friend Sarah, who I met in South Africa last year
My brother and his girlfriend, Jayne
Loads of friends
My dogs
Kim, my friend from Uni
Nigella Lawson to cook it all
Someone to tidy it all up!


No comments :

Post a Comment