Pages

Sunday 18 July 2010

Mobi Washer V17 - IN THE WORDS OF VICTOR KIAM.....


.......‘I liked it so much, I bought the company.’ Well, I can’t profess to have his kind of money and be in a position to buy the company, but I can say that when I tried the Mobi Washer V17 portable pressure washer that I absolutely LOVED it!

I have to admit that I am one for a bit of a gadget, and being a bit of a nerd, I was very excited when the Mobi Washer arrived last week, promptly getting it on charge so that I could commence spraying anything in sight as soon as possible!

The V17 Washer can be charged either by mains or with an in-car cigarette lighter socket so this is really useful if you are out at a show or event and need to re-charge.

My willing assistant in my initial test was 10 year old Black Labrador, Basil (once I had managed to crowbar him off his sofa). Shopping List:

  • Basil, in need of some buffing, lathering and perfuming.
  • Mobi Washer V17
  • SUPREME PRODUCTS Blue Shampoo

The Mobi Washer V17 weighs around 7kg when empty. Once full of water it weighs around 20kg. It comes with a 3 metre spraying tube with a trigger spray that can be adjusted from a ‘mist’ spray to a stronger ‘stream.’  The trigger has one of those useful little latches on it so that if you are spraying for a long time then you can apply the latch and you don’t have to keep grasping the trigger. The washer is also supplied with a webbing carrying strap so can be strapped to your back if you are so inclined.

The unit itself is rugged and well-built and I think would easily stand being knocked, bumped or even kicked over. The handles are solid, of moulded plastic and ‘pimpled’ so will not slip, even with wet hands.

I found filling the machine really easy as I turned the water tank approx 60 degrees anti-clockwise from the base and the tank unclicked and came away from the base, making it easy and lightweight to take it to the sink or tap to fill. Once full (Basil was treated to warm water), it simply clicks back in to place then I attached the hose and was ready to go.

Basil, I have to admit, was tied with his leader to a fence post as I didn’t particularly relish the idea of chasing him around the garden! I started by using the mist spray and this got good coverage of his somewhat rotund body in a matter of a minute or so. The unit does emit a ‘hum’ when water is being pressurised through the hose but as soon as the trigger is released the humming stops, but it’s not a loud noise by any stretch of the imagination.

We got good coverage for damping down, lathered and soaped up then began rinsing. I would say that I rinsed for a good 9 – 10 minutes. The pressure remained steady and I didn’t use all the water in the reservoir. I adjusted the water through the trigger from mist to stream and back again and got a good rinsing of his coat and my willing assistant seemed happy throughout the whole process!

5 Stars! *****

I think the Mobi Washer is an absolutely great idea. My preference definitely will be the washer that is fully portable (The V17)  that can be charged when on the move. It can be used for shampooing and cleaning, rinsing (and cooling) down legs, for example, after hunting, eventing or strenuous exercise. Don’t forget, this is a unit that also has a myriad of uses around the home – washing bikes, muddy boots, muddy kids, dogs et al. My neighbour has her eye on it for cleaning her patio and yes, I admit, I did water the hanging baskets with it……..

And in the memory of Victor Kiam (for anyone old enough to remember his cheesy adverts), whilst I cannot afford to buy the company, I liked the product so much that we have become Mobi Washer’s latest stockist in the UK!

And to celebrate this new item being added to our website, we are offering free delivery and a free bottle of Supreme Products shampoo along with your purchase - make your choice when ordering. To see more information, click here.


And as for Basil? Groomed to perfection, looking and smelling wonderful and worn out from all the excitement......!












No comments :

Post a Comment